Dear one, I see you there struggling to make ends meet. Trying to make things make sense and just clear your head from all the distractions pulling on you right this very minute. Your mind is racing and you begin to wonder how you even got to this place, but here’s one thing you need to know — you are not alone.
I know it might feel like it at times.
Believe me I know.
That’s just not the truth though. Oh yeah, sure. the enemy is going to do his best to try to get you to give up hope. To feel lost. To isolate yourself. To just plain give up. But don’t because there’s a truth that you need to grab hold of — not just in your head, but also in your heart.
Our Heavenly Father is madly, deeply in love with you and He wants to rescue you from the pain that has a grip on your heart.
He wants you to know that…You are not alone.
Yes, I know that it’s easy to believe the lies that you are alone. I also know that the stress, pressure and stuff weigh heavy on your heart. To the point that some days it is hard to even get out of bed. I get that, because I’ve been there too.
I know what it’s like to;
– feel like I’m the only one going through this difficult situation.
– think that no one would love me or accept me if they knew me, I mean really knew me.
– believe that people would abandon me if they saw the scars from my pain or my past.
– hurt from deep down in my soul and wonder why this is happening to me.
Yes, I my friend, I am just like you.
Our stories and struggles might not be the same, but this much is true. How we “feel” doesn’t decide how we are loved or if we are lonely. As Lysa TerKuerst so eloquently says in her book Unglued, “my feelings are indicators, not dictators”.
Sweet friend, whatever you are going through right now you must grab hold of this — You never have been and you never will be alone.
You want to know how I know?
It says so in His Word, just look at a few of these verses.
- It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31:8 ESV
- Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me. John 16:32b ESV
- Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” Genesis 28:15 ESV
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27 ESV
Father God, I pray right this very moment for each and every person reading this post, I pray that whatever is troubling their heart that they would give it over to you. That they would rest in your protection and provision and trust that you are right there with them every step of the way. Thank you Father for the way you passionately pursue us, we love you, in Jesus name, amen.