{Wordfilled Wednesday} Continually, really?

I’m wondering, haven’t I already shared on the topic of prayer at one of these Wordfilled Wednesday gatherings? I wouldn’t even be the least bit surprised if I’ve used this verse before.

But once again the matter of prayer is requiring my attention.

I feel pummeled by heavenly boxing gloves attempting to get my eyes focused dead center on this very discipline of the Christian faith.  Ah, and there in lies the rub.  Prayer is a discipline. A decision. A determined step.

To pray requires a commitment and a choice, especially to do it continually.

To be in the habit of prayer demands a priority that can’t be push aside by busy schedules, spontaneous summer days, or a lack of spiritual maturity.

As much as I’d like to consider myself a woman of prayer, I know full well that I have so much to learn.  Do you find yourself feeling this way, too?

Even though I make time in the morning to share my prayer-thoughts in a journal written only for the Lord and often pray spontaneously as needs arise, the truth of the matter is that I’ve not realized the power of those prayers or the potential of God working through them.

I’ve been filling a duty — because that’s what good-praying-gals do!

I’m pretty sure God is urging me to move to the next level when it comes to prayer, one that isn’t about my goodness but is all about His purposes.  My circumstances demand such and my responsibilities require a gut-honest, Word-drenched prayer life.

How about you?

Are your circumstances and trials driving you to your knees but leaving you uncertain as what to pray?

You’re not alone!  I am in that place to, but I am learning from the mentorship of older women in my life, that prayer, continually, has great value.  Press on sister, on your knees if you need to, and seek the Lord in prayer.  He wants to hear from you and use your heart’s deepest petitions in His kingdom purposes.

Maybe you need some direction and inspiration?  Download a free guide on Prayer available at More to Be, here.

***************************************************

{Welcome to WFW!}

There are very few rules, in fact the beauty of this ministry is the creative expression that God reveals Himself through. We marvel at the creativity that participants post! It’s a blessing!  We encourage the “post behind the picture,” or the reflections that many of the participants share. And if you’ve got the time, we encourage you to visit a few of the WFW contributors! It’s always a blessing to see the Scripture and story that creatively appear across the screen.

WFW is not about books, authors, artists.  It’s about God and HIS WORD ONLY.  WFW is about celebrating the gift of creativity through God’s Word and sharing the creative Word! We ask that for WFW that participants refrain from using non-biblical pictures or posts.

Please join us as we share the creative gifts God has blessed us with by signing into to the Link below to participate in WFW.

Elisa Pulliam

Elisa is a trained biblical life coach, mentor, and speaker passionate about equipping women to experience authentic life change for the sake impacting the next generation. She leads More to Be, a ministry committed to raising up mentors and providing resources for tweens, teens, twenty-somethings, and women. Elisa is also the author of Impact My LIfe: Biblical Mentoring Simplified. She considers her first calling as wife to Stephen and mother to her house-full of children. Her favorite days begin on the porch with the Lord and end on the beach with her family and friends. Connect with Elisa at www.elisapulliam.com

1. Bless you sis.

• Thank you, Denise, and bless you sis, too!

2. Blessings to you as you press on!

3. Where is the link?

4. Oh Elisa, God has definitely got us on the same wavelength. I’ve had 1 Thess. 5:16-18, including pray without ceasing (NASB) on my side column for over a week. And yes, He’s had me putting it into practice extra as well. Thanks for the blessed reinforcement.

• And thanks for the confirmation right back, Kaye!

5. Sometimes I get exasperated with Paul. He just expects so much of us! 🙂
    But I’ve been here as well – God calling us all to “get with the program”? Picked up brother Lawrence’s “the practice of the presence OF GOD” the other day and have been slowly chewing through it. A small book with so much power. If I could commune with God like he did … whelp … that would be heaven on earth.
    Thanks for your post today. I pray we all heed the call of Paul.
    Felecia

• Yes, I know what you mean, Felecia. I can love Paul at times and want to give him a one-two at other times. But that’s how I tend to wrestle out truth and conviction, I suppose. You’re the second person to mention Brother Lawrence’s book this week. I think I need to dust it off again, too!

6. Thanks for sharing your struggle, Elisa. Pressing on in prayer with you.

• Thanks for leaving a word of encourage, Susan. Sweetness to me!

7. What a great way to remind me, there’s also different way for me of praying aside from presenting my petitions and that is praise and worship. Hello I’m Ann and this is my 3rd time to link-up here. Have a nice day!!

• Glad to have you join in Ann! I look forward to getting to know you through this link up! Welcome!!!!

8. How easy it is to take prayer for granted. When I consider that Almighty God desires to spend time with me, I am overwhelmed. I think of the song “Everything to God in Prayer”. How often I worry instead of taking it to Him first. Thanks for the reminder.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

• Great reminder in that song, Debbie. Think I’ll have to YouTube it before bed tonight! Blessings, sister!

• You’re so welcome, Joanna. Thanks for leaving a comment!

9. A wise preacher said he was too busy not to pray! Prayer pleases Him and changes us. Thanks for the great post & for hosting the linkup, & God bless,
    Laurie

• Yes, yes, yes, Laurie. Was that Martin Luther who said that?

10. I agree Lisa… Nothing more powerful than prayer. I would that my life be a prayer… I do try. Prayer takes many forms. Bless you!

• Yes, yes, Kathleen. Thanks for sharing a word of encouragement!

11. I have had quite the year learning how powerful our prayers are. It has really brought me to a new place. I am learning to lift all things to God in prayer…still learning.

1. Great Words of Encouragement For Peaceful Caregiving | SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation - [...] For more Christian encouragement from the Word of God, be blessed at Internet Cafe Devotions on this Word-Filled Wednesday.…
  2. What does your label show? | - […] Hear it on Sunday, Use it on Monday Monday Meet Up On in and Around Monday’s Women Living Well…