As the summer days continue to pass by, thoughts of Fall Bible studies tend to make their way into the minds of Women’s Ministry Leaders. Prayers are lifted. Teams are formed. Visits to Christian Bookstores are made. And countless hours are spent mulling over what the best choice is for one’s Bible study group. We here at the Cafe want to help you this summer turn your Fall Women’s Bible Study Semester into a tremendous time for all involved.
Today’s Slow down for Summer Giveaway is for all of you who are Women’s Ministry Leaders. If you organize/lead/facilitate women’s Bible study in your church, home, local coffee shop, park, you get the idea…you are eligible to enter today’s giveaway.
To enter, simply leave a comment below telling us a little about your women’s Bible study group, where you meet, and the name of your church. Giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents. Winners will be announced Monday, July 9, 2012.
Thanks to Thomas Nelson, Inc. we have four (4) DVD based studies to give away today. Thomas Nelson, Inc. is the world’s largest Christian publisher. The Company provides multiple formats of Bibles, inspirational books and digital content, with distribution of its products in more than 100 countries. Live Event Management, Inc., a Thomas Nelson company, is the nation’s leading producer of Christian live events. Thomas Nelson is headquartered in Nashville, TN. Visit Thomas Nelson Bibles.
Captivating Small Group Video Series: Take the risk of becoming God’s captivating woman.
Every little girl has dreams of being swept up into a great adventure, but sadly, many women group into a life filled with duty and demands. Many Christian women are tired and struggling under the weight of the pressure to be a “good servant,” a nurturing caregiver, or a capable home manager.
In the Captivating Heart to Heart Small Group Video Series, Stasi Eldredge and her small group open their hearts, showing other women the deep healing and spiritual growth available by following the Captivating journey.
- Five DVDs with ten 30-minute video sessions
- Resource CD with a poster, bulletin inserts, invitations, encouragement cards, and facilitator’s guide
Heaven Is For Real Conversation Kit™
The best-selling book about heaven that has changed the world is now a DVD-based curriculum for churches and small groups. In addition to learning more about what the Bible teaches about heaven, groups will hear first-hand from the Burpo family about Colton’s experience in heaven and the way it has changed their lives. Each video session features Todd, Sonja, and Colton, and is filmed interview-style with Natalie Tysdal, the Denver FOX/CW News reporter whose initial interview with the family has gone viral on the internet.
The Participant’s Guide (ISBN 9781418550684) will take group members through key Bible passages about heaven, helping them understand more about who goes to heaven, when they go there, and what heaven is like.
- 5 (10- to 18-minute) video sessions featuring Todd, Sonja, and Colton answering frequently asked questions about heaven and their experiences
- A special message of hope from Sonja to women who have experienced miscarriages
- Participant’s Guide written for both believers and non-believers in accessible language to help group members discover what the Bible teaches about heaven.
The Shelter of God’s Promises DVD-Based Bible Study By Sheila Walsh
In a world of uncertainty, pain, and struggle, where do you find solid assurance and unshakeable truth?
In The Shelter of God’s Promises DVD-Based Bible Study, gifted Bible teacher and inspiring speaker Sheila Walsh primes Scripture for what God has promised us, what God’s promises mean, and how these promises provide the foundation for daily confidence, joy, and hope. With engaging video and rich Bible study content, Sheila weaves powerful personal testimony with Scripture to help you gain a trust in God that will sustain you for a lifetime.
- Ten, 20-minute sessions
- Participant’s Guide for digging deeper into the study
- Leader’s Guide for facilitating group study
- Promotional resources for your Bible study or small group campaign
Stuck DVD-Based Study By Jennie Allen
We are often so stuck in invisible struggles in our hearts and minds, we barely have space for God. These deep struggles, these stuck places, are familiar to every one of us: brokenness, anger, discontentment, fear, and sadness. Stuck takes on these struggles within us so that we can encounter God. Because until we recognize that we are stuck and in need of God, we will miss what He has for us.
Jennie Allen’s Bible studies are designed to draw women close to God and to each other. These shorter studies dig deep quickly, creating experiential conversations and allowing women to wrestle with Scripture in a deep and authentic way throughout the week.
- 8 sessions on DVD
- Study Guide with story-driven teaching, Scripture study, and short five-day-per-week lessons
- Leader’s Guide for facilitating group study
- Conversation cards help to facilitate more spontaneous and authentic conversation
- Promotional resources for churchwide campaign
One kit is recommended for each group of 8-12 women.
Faithlife Study Bible gift is available for EVERYONE!!! Click here to find out how to get your FREE copy!
The Faithlife Study Bible features include:
- It’s the world’s most advanced study Bible, with 1.4 million words worth of notes and articles.
- It works on your Android device, Kindle Fire, iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC, as well as on Logos, Vyrso and the web.
- It’s perfect for groups—connect over notes, questions, and reading plans.
- It includes a complete Bible dictionary with 2,700 articles and 1.5 million words.
- It comes with nearly 400 photos, videos, and infographics.
- It’s still growing—constantly adding new in-depth content and rich media.
- It works with seven translations (six sold separately).
- It features three layers of study notes.
- It comes free with the Lexham English Bible, a literal translation from the Greek and Hebrew.
- It’s free with a coupon code!
This giveaway is given by Logos Bible Software. Since its inception in 1992, Logos Research Systems, Inc. has grown from a couple of programmers in a basement into the largest developer of Bible software and a worldwide leader in multilingual electronic publishing. We partner with more than 130 publishers to make more than 21,000 electronic Bible study resources available to customers around the world. Our technology is used in more than 180 countries in a dozen languages. Logos is headquartered in the friendly city of Bellingham, Washington, USA. Visit Logos Bible Software. Visit Faithlife Study Bible.
We’ve been abundantly blessed this season with great treasures and we want to personally thank the publishers, artists and authors who have generously offered their heart and life’s work to us! Don’t forget to show them the love and support by visiting their websites. They’re each using the gifts that the Lord has abundantly blessed them with to make a difference in the Kingdom! Thank you Thomas Nelson, Inc., Logos Bible Software, and Faithlife Study Bible for this week’s giveaways.