{Wordfilled Wednesday} What do we see in the waiting?

I can’t pretend to know God’s purposes for my summer.

We’re in a holding pattern.

We cannot see what lies ahead. Commitments have been only penciled in on the calendar.  Invitations are replied to with an, “I’ll have to let you know…” and the children are growing frustrated with the “I don’t know” responses to their curious questions.

Life is tentative. Scheduled loosely. Unpredictable.

We’re waiting on others to make some decisions that will affect our future.

We’re waiting on God to reveal His purposes to us.

It is a familiar place, where I sense the Holy Spirit’s conviction and the voice of the Lord whispering in my soul, “Don’t forget what I’ve taught you.  Glorify me in the waiting.  Worship me in the unknown. Trust me with the outcome.”

I sort of sigh.

Aren’t we always waiting on God?

I’m impatient.

Of course, there are seasons when we feel as though we know our commitments. We go about scheduling our days, because certain pieces feel fixed, like work, school holidays, and celebration times.  But there are also those times when we most certainly feel like we’re on a need to know basis with God — seasons in which we face unemployment, illness, pending closing dates on the house we’re selling and the one we’re buying, conceiving a child, awaiting on the adoption papers, and even the restoration of a broken relationship.

I think God gives us these unpredictable seasons in order to remind us that we must walk by faith, all the time.  It is all too easy to forget that He’s in charge. When life lacks moments of waiting, we find ourselves pretending we’re in control.  But we’re not.

We are stewards of days, not dictators of our lives.

We also have a choice of how we’ll live in the waiting. Will our hours be marked by fretting and worrying, discussing and analyzing, complaining and growing bitter? Will we fall prey to the Enemy’s efforts to steal, kill, and destroy us in our own spinning frustration of uncertainty?  Will we stand strong in our faith and trusting God for the unknown outcome?

Our faith breeds confidence when we know what we hope for, which is not in the outcome but in the One that orders the outcome.  When we can not see what lies ahead, we can live in the assurance that He does.  If God loves us so much that He allowed His very own Son to lay down His life for us, wouldn’t He also take care of the rest of our lives (John 3:16)?

Thank you for joining me on my discovering what it means to hope in the Lord as I embark on a seeking God’s perspective through living intentionally.  As you can see, the Lord is really striving to provide life lessons that bring me closer to Him.  You can learn more about beginning your own living intentionally journey here, and jump into our travels together as we return from our rest August 1st.

Are you struggling in your waiting on God?

Visit www.moretobe.com and subscribe to the blog in order to receive your free gift of Story Hearts, an edevotional designed to encourage you while you wait.

******

{Welcome to WFW!}

There are very few rules, in fact the beauty of this ministry is the creative expression that God reveals Himself through. We marvel at the creativity that participants post! It’s a blessing!  We encourage the ” post behind the picture,” or the reflections that many of the participants share. We ask that for WFW that participants refrain from using non-biblical. If you’ve got the time we also encourage you to visit a few of the WFW contributors! It’s always a blessing to see the Scripture and story that creatively appear across the screen.

WFW is not about books, authors, artists… it’s about God and HIS WORD ONLY. WFW is about celebrating the gift of creativity through God’s Word and sharing the creative Word!

Please join us as we share the creative gifts God has blessed us with by signing into to the Link below to participate in WFW.

Elisa Pulliam

Elisa is a trained biblical life coach, mentor, and speaker passionate about equipping women to experience authentic life change for the sake impacting the next generation. She leads More to Be, a ministry committed to raising up mentors and providing resources for tweens, teens, twenty-somethings, and women. Elisa is also the author of Impact My LIfe: Biblical Mentoring Simplified. She considers her first calling as wife to Stephen and mother to her house-full of children. Her favorite days begin on the porch with the Lord and end on the beach with her family and friends. Connect with Elisa at www.elisapulliam.com

1. Blessings to you.

2. That was wonderful Lisa. So timely for me. I feel like I have on those blinders right now and I am totally waiting for God to remove them and give me clarity of direction.

Thank you!

Love,
    Beth

3. Waiting on God can feel impossible at times, but not surprisingly, when I’m most frustrated with waiting, God is the One who calms me and gives me peace.

4. I could definitely relate today! This is a major summer of “WAIT” for me as well in a variety of areas. Thank you for the sweet words of encouragement to remind me to keep my eyes fixed on Him!

5. Lisa, this majorly spoke to me today. We’ve definitely been in a holding pattern – And I have days of extreme frustration, waiting, wondering, hoping to hear something from the Lord, from the realtor… I got tears when I read this, “Don’t forget what I’ve taught you. Glorify me in the waiting. Worship me in the unknown. Trust me with the outcome.” My husband receive a word from the Lord over a week ago – “Patience, patience, patience…” I feel sometimes like a person could simply fall apart in the waiting process but I don’t want to fall apart. I want to be stronger in the Lord. Your word was so timely. Thank you 🙂

6. Wow! I read your post and it was like you were describing my life. I feel like I’ve been in a holding pattern for some time. It has been a time of learning. About faith and trusting God in spite of what I can or cannot see in front of me. All part of the journey. Blessings to you!

7. God seems to be asking me to believe a passage of Scripture which He brought to my attention these 5 years ago concerning a life changing situation… it is the complete opposite of all the circumstances which have transpired since…

Quote: “It is a familiar place, where I sense the Holy Spirit’s conviction and the voice of the Lord whispering in my soul, “Don’t forget what I’ve taught you. Glorify me in the waiting. Worship me in the unknown. Trust me with the outcome.”

… and I wait upon Him for the outcome.

8. Ah, yes~to glorify God in the waiting. It’s so much easier to fret and worry. But peace only comes when we glorify the Lord. He gives us peace as we give Him the praise, the situation, and the waiting.
    Thank you for the reminder.
    Janis

9. Thanks for the beautiful post! Waiting on Him can be so difficult, but so worth it.
    God bless,
    Laurie

10. When in a waiting pattern, I’m always reminded of God’s faithfulness. Knowing He never leaves me, always provides, and directs my way helps to stay calm when I’m tempted to get impatient or frantic. Thanks for the though-provoking post.

11. Hi there. I came back to visit more of the people in WFW but I can’t see them? I’ve tried this or that to find the list of those who signed up but everyone has disappeared? Can anyone help out here?

12. Oh ladies, your comments have blessed me so. Thank you for sharing how the Lord is working in your life and how these words have been used by the Lord to impact you. To God be all the glory!

Humbly blessed,
    Lisa

1. Do the Sandwich Generation Issues Make You Feel Like the Walls Are Closing In? Comforting Bible Verses! | SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation - [...] of inspiration for all of us in the Sandwich Generation right here at SandwichINK, as well as from Internet…