Woman, It’s Time!

Growing up I was insecure and vulnerable to comparison. I look back at high school and cringe. Boyfriends, body issues and cliques of mean girls made me feel like an outcast. I spent my days worrying about how to fit in.  I so desperately wanted to be liked that I became a chameleon and changed colors to blend with any crowd that would accept me. “Fitting in” in high school meant that I had someone to sit with at lunch time and stand beside when everyone else had a partner on the dance floor. Unfortunately that also meant that I forfeited my true self for a sense of belonging.

It wasn’t until I came to know the Lord as a young woman that I realized I had gifts and callings which God had placed in me. Life was not about fitting in, but instead, standing out. I was uniquely created to stand out for the glory of my God. He made me with a purpose. I had something to bring to the community of people God had placed me in. I was a piece to a puzzle that would not be complete without me. You, too, are a piece to the puzzle!

You will strengthen and encourage the women that God has called you to lead if you recognize this and live a determined life because of it.

1 Corinthians 12:18   But in fact, God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as He wanted them to be. (NIV)

What are you doing with the gifts God has given you? He’s ready for you to step up and bring them to the table wherever He has placed you. The world doesn’t want or need chameleons, but it is desperate for those who will embrace the calling of God on their lives. No one can fulfill your place in this world.

Woman, it’s time! Don’t blend in to the background. Lead with boldness.

Father, help us to live boldly the lives that You’ve called us to. Show us how we are uniquely created for Your glory. Lead us in the cause and plan You have for us Lord. We love and thank You Father! Amen.

Sue Cramer

Founder of Praise and Coffee ministry and Magazine. A wife, mom, girlfriend and coffee drinker who loves the Lord.

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook - LinkedIn - Pinterest - YouTube

1. And this, my dear friend, is one of the MANY reasons I love ya so much…you step up and out for God boldly and He blesses that! Thank you for this timely post…you rock girlie! xoxo Mel 🙂

2. LOVE this Sue! You are such a shining light in the lives of women! So glad I met you – hope you are doing well! I guess we need to chat soon, huh? 🙂

3. Amen, sis! So thankful that God uses each of us as He leads, all to bring Him glory. It’s a beautiful thing when the saints “get” it and begin to live it. 😉

4. When we became campus ministers, I started to dress a little differently and wear more make-up to try to “fit in” with the girls for the purpose of ministry. One day the Lord majorly rebuked me and said “I didn’t put you there in the midst of those young women to “fit in”. I put you there to be an example!” Then for 6 months He instructed me to not wear any make up at all!!!! During those 6 months, I affected more young women for Christ than I had the whole time we had been in campus ministry. That was 15 years ago, and many of those young women still keep in touch with me on a regular basis even thought they have graduated, gotten married, moved away and have children and some of them ministries of their own. I fully believe that God makes us the way we are because THAT is how He will use us to reach others! As someone who has been a minister’s wife for 26 years, I can honestly say that the thing people tell me that they love about me the most is that I am “just who I am”. What you see is what you get, even with it’s flaws and failings. I’m real–or as the t.v. commercial says, “I’m comfortable in my own skin.” And I can be that way because I fully realize that I am covered with the righteousness of Christ and a delight to my Father’s eye. I have to correct things in my earthly children, but they are still my delight. Knowing this gives me the freedom to just be me and be happy with who I am at this present moment, even though I know that next week, next month, next year, I will be different (hopefully improved), because my Heavenly Father is continually working in my life.

• Oh how I have someone on my heart that I wish could find this too! I know exactly what you mean and I’m with ya, but I have this woman in mind that is just flailing trying to find out who she is.
      I wish she just understood how loved she is!

Thanks,
      Sue

5. I cannot even begin to express how much I needed this @ this very moment! WOW! thank you from the deepths of my soul for allowing God to raise this up in you and sharing it! It has awakened me! Walk in favor! and enjoy your coffee like never before 😉

• I’m so thrilled that this was perfect timing for you!
      Hugs,
      sue

6. I firmly belive everything is done in God’s timing. Just as this post was in his timming my heart was open to receive the message. WOW what an impact on my heart this morning, even more so since the Lord has been dealing with me in this area. Thank you for this today!!

7. I went to an all-girls high school – and it took the boy-factor out. I dressed how I wanted, learned to find my voice without worrying about some guy making me feel unbeautiful because my opinions were just forming. Oh, yes, God put everything in us – and it is beautiful! It just needs a healthy environment to grow in, to come to terms and understanding of what’s within us. I try to help my sons understand those things, to understand what God put within them and why they respond the way they do – instead of thinking something is wrong with them because they don’t do things like other people.

I love the book “Discover your Spiritual GIfts” and the “Five Love Languages” because it opened my eyes to differences, the beauty in those differences – and it made me feel less threatened by those differences!

• It IS so good when we see that our uniqueness is our gifting!!
      God created us all so beautifully!

8. Thank you, Sue! This is so encouraging. Even as an “old lady” I can fall back into comparisons and wanting to “fit”….I wonder if we ever out grow that…

• Girl if you’re old than I’m old too!
      We just keep reminding ourselves who we are and how loved we are! 🙂

9. Amen Sue. AMEN

10. I grew up the same way.
    I didn’t meet Jesus until I was 20 and it was a very long time after that I finally grasped the concept that I wasn’t meant to just exist in the background.
    Thank you for this reminder. It was a needed refresher today.

11. Wisdom in it’s purest and most beautiful form. 🙂

1. Weekend Blend | Internet Cafe Devotions - [...] Woman, It’s Time! – Ministry Counter [...]