“All” joy

~giggle, smile, chuckle, laugh out loud, be amused, happy~

Ever wonder if James was talking about having to sit on hold or wait in the doctor’s office? Think he was talking about forgotten lunches and spilled milk; out of order atm machines and copy machine jams? Late fees and leaky faucets? Interruptions and detours? That little word “all” in there makes me think so.

I’m working on it.

background image theshabbyshoppe.com

WFW is not about books, authors, artists.. it’s about God and HIS WORD ONLY. WFW is about celebrating the gift of creativity through God’s Word through creative graphic illustrations.

Join myself and some other wonderful ladies by signing in the link tool below:

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…

Lori MacMath

Lori's daily mantra includes praying, "I will take it Lord, ALL you have to give," and a commitment to live out Colossians 3:17 daily. It's her prayer that the energy that fills her spirit be with her till her dying breath! Nearly two years ago, Lori traded the sauna of the Deep South, for the snow of Chicago. After 19 years in Atlanta, Lori has bought herself a coat and some winter boots and is ready for the NEXT adventure at Harvest Bible Chapel / Chicago West. She navigates this road with her husband of 26 years and they have 3 children, ranging in age from 17 - 22. She seeks daily to be creative and use the gifts the Lord has given her. With the heart of an artist and a spirit to live intentionally missional, Lori strives daily to see Him in all that surrounds her. Encouraging women on their daily walk with the Lord is her passion! She has recently stepped out into NEW territory with her husband in the inner city of Chicago. She is on staff at Harvest Chicago West, in the Austin neighborhood, where the Lord is opening her eyes to Urban Ministry and Discipleship. Lori and her husband also have a Business as Missions endeavor that helps empower women and missionaries around the world. She would be HONORED if you'd visit Hope Products International where providing HOPE to the world through fair trade and sustainable products. Lori has served in a number of roles over the years, ranging from Camp/Leadership Adventure Coordinator, a mid week Bible club for elementary and upper elementary students in a local public elementary school as well as being on staff at her church. She is excited in this season to watch the Lord unfold HIS plans for the next step on the journey. Helping others, loving others where they are and seeing the transforming power of Jesus is at the heart of all she does. Her heart for children, women and all those on the broken road is at the core of everything she does. She LOVES playing graphically and encouraging others through visual arts, and her passion for Discipleship is at the heart of all she does. It truly inspires her and fills her spirit.

1. Blessings Lori…ohhhh so cool to doo-dle…ALL the JOY!!! Giggles, laugh, chuckle, smile :0)

Learning to restore that JOY!

Trials and triumphs!
    Tests become my TESTIMONY!

Each one God uses ALL to count it all joy… at the time (no way) yet in the long term… yep… OK, this was worth waiting up for!!! Now as I go to sleep, I will be counting (not sheep) but each trial as JOY! Then PRAISE Him that He has brought me this far!

Lori…you bring such JOY in my day when I see your WFWs!!! Thank you!

2. Love all those arrows, Lori! And the verse, “piercing”… but true. Trials do strengthen our faith. Oh how I wish it weren’t so!

Blessings, e-Mom

3. It’s good to realize that trials are not necessarily huge events in our lives. Thank you for pointing out that they can be as simple as broken ATM machine, a long line in the grocery store.

Janis

4. Hah…great reminder that even those things require a different response.

5. I love this so much.

6. I think perhaps he was talking about when your toddler breaks two of your glass pitchers in one week (one full of lemonade), or when she grabs your favorite lipstick and completely annihalates it. Maybe then. πŸ™‚

Great word today, friend!

7. I big puffy heart LOVE this! That’s one of my fav verses too…yes, we should count it ALL to JOY! xoxo, Melissa πŸ™‚

8. This is totally cheering my up for the day laid out before me! Thank you πŸ˜‰

9. This is so cheerful. I am participating today for the first time so I am more of a spectator.

10. It is so hard sometimes to do that, but God’s light will shine through when you do. πŸ˜€ Great verse!

11. Hey Girlfriend,

It looks like our scriptures work hand and hand today. It’s all about our attitudes! Whew…time to get the polish out, cause I need some shinning in lots of areas.

Great word. Yes, counting it all JOY, and hopefully with a smile on my face and in my heart as well.

Once again, your graphics/word touch me deeply and cause me to ponder on them for days.

Sending lots of this your way OXOXOX!!!!!!!!

12. Brilliant graphic for this Scripture! Thanks so much for the reminder & sharing WFW with us!
    Hugs & Prayers, HL

13. Yes, I believe all includes everything! πŸ™‚ Great verse and challenge!

14. Ha! Lori! My WFW is from James 3 and I did a wordle! Great minds think alike πŸ˜‰
    Have a great weekend.

15. It is so hard to find joy in everything. It seems like it’s our nature to complain. But thanks for the reminder today that we can keep working at it. Happy WFW!

16. Oh yes! Praise Him that every things that bother us are our trials of the moments meant to cause us to rely upon Him and rejoice in our salvation!

17. I have to chuckle. I tried to leave comments for this wonderful graphic here AND at your site and for some reason, they both crashed. I’m thinking my ISP had a brain-freeze moment :). But then I realized, James must also have been thinking of computer woes!!! πŸ™‚ And yes, I’m smiling and finding it quite easy to count these joy at the moment. πŸ™‚ Have a wonderful week! (and this time I am copying the comment BEFORE I hit send…. πŸ™‚ )

18. Yes love the message, everyday life, count it all joy!

19. Finding joy this year has been my New Year’s resolution. It takes a lot of work! But, my husband and I have learned that having a positive attitude, and rejoicing in all things, yeilds many blessings. So, I would encourage everyone to cast out the enemy- who wants to pull us down- and keep looking up! πŸ™‚ Happy WFW. Thanks for a great post.

20. So good!

Being “content in all things”………………

I’m still trying as well….
    A work in progress.

Enjoyed your post today!

Hugs,
    Holly

21. Very creative! it is difficult at times to count everything as joy! Such a learning process! Happy WFW!

22. Love the graphic! I have the joy deep down in my heart…but some days I’m just not happy with all the trials that continue to come while trying to serve our God! Love all the words….I need that reminder some days to laugh and smile! Thanks for giving!

23. This is awesome! I love the graphic and love the verse.

1. Encouraging Bible Verses for the Sandwich Generation, Caring for Elderly Parents and Their Real Estate Needs | SandwichINK Real Estate Info - [...] and elderly parents and their real estate needs, be sure to visit Word-Filled Wednesday at Internet Cafe Devotions. [...]
  2. A Quiet Heart… » Blog Archive » WFW ~ His Power - [...] WFW is not about books, authors, artists…it’s about God and HIS WORD ONLY.Β  WFW is about celebrating the gift…
  3. Weekend Blend - [...] “All” joy – Word Filled Wednesday Graphic [...]
  4. Laughter | Jen's Journey - [...] can find more inspiration at Word Filled Wednesday. Did you like this? Share it:Tweet Share this: Posted…