Reflections

I’m so glad you could join us for our first WFW @ the Internet Cafe Devotions!!

I’m looking forward to the new home here and I pray that you’ll be blessed each week as we share God’s Word through a graphic!

If you haven’t read the rules before check them out HERE.

For the new Link Logo look on the right sidebar and you’ll find the code to copy and paste it!
————————-

As water reflects a face, so a man’s heart reflects the man.

Proverbs 27:15 NIV

What does your heart reflect?

Does it reflect the love you have for Christ or the bitterness of the past hurts?

As I was away in a seminar this past week I kept trying to control myself from the past hurts of family and found myself saying things I didn’t want to say and didn’t want to spew out from my mouth.  Now I know God forgives me and He knows my heart– He knows how hard I tried to control my attitude, but others don’t.   I pray that I can exemplify HIS heart instead of my own and that I can move past the issues I so deeply fight against.  I so deeply want to yell HELP!  I realize I had relied too much on myself this past week instead of going to HIM while I was fighting my battles.  How I long to redo it, but I can’t.  And I know I can’t, so I need to suck it up and move forward.  Can you guys please pray for me to be able to do that?

So, when this verse came up I wanted it to be my prayer for this week — Lord, I pray that my heart will reflect you instead of myself.

————————————————-

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…

In celebration of Word Filled Wednesday’s new home our giveaway winners are…
~the 20 oz. “get filled up” mug...#12 Jean Campbell
~the Busy Mom’s Bibles…#17 Lourdes Fay and #2 Kristi Veitenheimer

Congratulations!!! Ladies, please email us at lori@internetcafedevotions.com with your address so that we can get your gifts to you.

1. Hi Amy,

So excited about your new home for WFW! I pray this will open the door for many more women to get involved and be blessed.

Great word, and yes…I will pray for you! Thanks for sharing, something we all need to do as well.

Blessings~

2. That verse is so true! Happy WFW!

3. Thank you for hosting WFW and this new home is beautiful. Thank you also for sharing your heart and reminding me to reflect my love for God. I will be praying for you!

4. Thanks Ladysweet!

And thanks Susan! 🙂 I’m praying for a smooth transition today for everyone!

5. I love your prayer! That is the prayer of my heart. Too often, I regret I reflect myself rather than Him. Thanks for a great reminder this morning!!!

6. Letting go of past hurts isn’t easy sometimes, and often as soon as I think I’ve conquored them, another one rears it’s ugly head. So, I think about Jesus and all the hurt I’ve caused, and somehow that puts it in perspective for me. Remembering that I’ve hurt others too . . . .

7. Somehow did you know I have been up since 2 a.m. with worries and thoughts about recent life events! How I tried to let them go but just couldn’t? Thank you for this post! I realize these new opportunites are blessings from God just for me. It’s realizing that His time is perfect even if it doesn’t jive with my timing!

8. Great post, Amy! I named my blog Reflections because not only to I want to reflect upon His grace, but be a reflection of that grace.

Have a blessed WFW!

9. Amydeanne, great verse!!!!! Oh, sweet sister, how I, too want to be His reflection. Sweet friend, I am praying for you. And, girl, do YELL “help!!!”. I think that is a prayer God LOVES to hear because we have finally admitted we can’t do it alone, but we need His help! Sometimes we don’t even know how to pray, so we simply call out to Him!

Lord, I lift up this sweet sister to You. What a precious heart she has. Lord, I pray that she remembers to surrender to You always, not to do things in her own strength, and that You are fighting her battles for her. You only require that she puts on her armor! (Ephesians 6). Lord, continue to refine her into a perfect reflection of You. In Jesus’ Name! AMEN!

Love you, girl! Love that the Cafe is the new home of WFW!! 🙂

10. I pray that all God’s children show the reflection of Him….beautiful scripture to remind us of that….

I love WFW’s new home….

11. I’m having a virtual bible study this week… we are studying about the Word. Will you join me from the comfort of your own home?

12. Thanks so much for keeping it real, Amy! We all struggle with walking in the Spirit and being salt and light to the world, but sometimes that doesn’t come across in the blogosphere. I appreciate your honesty! 😉

Have a blessed WFW!

13. Michelle
    funny how God puts things in front of us when we need to see them! hugs! I’ll pray for you today.

14. Amen! Great verse! So thankful that when we mess up, He picks us up and brushes us off and gives us the strength and power to walk in victory the next time. Thanks so much for what you’re doing for WFW. What a blessing!

15. Great post. I love Proverbs… such wisdom packed in such small words. Your simple prayer is so beautiful… “Lord, I pray that my heart will reflect you instead of myself.”
    Thank you for sharing how you want to grow spiritually this week. God bless you.

16. I’ve been following and reading other’s entries. I love what your doing here. Today was my first day to participate and I look forward to getting to know you all and being edified with everyone’s postings. God bless you all

17. Oh, I totally understand and have been dealing with similar this week. Thank you for an inspirational Bible verse, sweet words of encouragement, and such a gorgeous photo. What a special and wonderfully timed blessing for this Word-Filled Wednesday! 🙂

And CONGRATULATIONS on your “new home.” It’s delightful and my button is all updated! Thank you for all your hard work on this!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

18. Praying for you and agreeing with you… may we all reflect Him

19. Hey there. I’m Allyson, AllyJo’s daughter. Today is my first time to participate too. I’m trying to get my blog about my college up and running. Come by and see me. Thanks for hosting. God bless everyone.

20. You are in my prayers. I find myself playing out in my head what I would like to say to those that have hurt me in the past. Thankfully, I’m too scared to actually speak the words out loud. But I don’t even want them in my heart…I don’t want to think them at all. I want my heart and my face to reflect Him!

21. Interesting you wrote this post as I wrote about bitterness and holding grudges this morning on my Facebook page before I even read this. Thank you for sharing! It is hard and I have had to asked forgiveness several times. Satan wants to steal our joy! 🙁 I tell him to just “sit on a tack”!

22. Amy congratulations on a new space for WFW. Its so beautiful here. I love it. I pray God continue to use you as a great source of encouragement.

I’ve tried posting my link a couple times but Mr linky just wouldn’t work for me today. Not sure why, so maybe later I’ll try again.
    blessings,
    Vickie

23. I will pray for you sweetie.

24. new home big switch very cool but I so love the message that this post shares. There are times that I fear that I do not show the love of my father in my life. This is something I need to work on

25. I will be sure to pray for you as I struggle with the same things. ((hug)) OK, well I did my best. I visited them all I think. I tried to leave as many comments as time would allow. I was encouraged and blessed today.

Take care.

26. Thanks for joing us Ally(s) lol

27. Thanks for the encouragement, Amy. I’ll be praying for you, as it seems some of us have some things going on for which we need brethren to guard our flanks. God bless you, sister.

28. ooh. perfect place to have this!! looking forward to the coming weeks 🙂
    I just had to post something else today… maybe I’ll sneak in a WFW post tomorrow 😉

amy in peru

1. here today gone tomorow | pennyraine.com - [...] word of our Father) through photo’s & a Bible verse! You can join myself and others at the Internet…
  2. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8, 13 – Love is Patient, Love is Kind – Penguin-Style | SandwichINK.com - [...] to encourage the Sandwich Generation, be sure to visit the new home of Word-Filled Wednesday at Internet Café Devotions.…